Play Ball! WEAU 13 News Charity Softball Game
Come cheer on the WEAU 13 News team as we take on the Cavaliers in a fun game of softball to benefit the John T. Hoffland Memorial scholarship fund!
Join us Saturday, August 7 as WEAU 13 News and our friends at Maverick Media Radio take on the Eau Claire Cavaliers to benefit the John T. Hoffland Memorial Scholarship fund.
Our long-time news director, John Hoffland, passed away July 4th of last year. Since then, there has been a scholarship fund started in his honor at UW-Eau Claire. This year we awarded the first scholarship to a journalism student at the university. We'll be playing to raise money to continue funding the scholarship program.
Tickets are $5 per person, kids 10 and under are free! Tickets are only available at the gate.
Gates open at 1 p.m., the game starts at 2 p.m. Snacks, soda, and water will be available at the concession stand.
In addition to the game, there will be some great silent auction items for you to bid on. We'll have auction items donated by the Packers, Brewers, Twins, and other sports organizations!
Here's a list of some of the silent auction items you can bid on:
- Football autographed by the entire 2009 Green Bay Packers.
- Football autographed by Chad Clifton, Nick Collins, James Jones, John Kuhn, and team president Mark Murphy.
- Commemorative baseball hat autographed by Hall of Famer and baseball legend Hank Aaron.
- Baseball autographed by Milwaukee Brewers pitcher Yovani Gallardo.
- Milwaukee Brewers Game Day package including: two tickets, one preferred parking pass, and two passes to the NYCE Stadium Club.
- NFL gloves autographed by NY Jets safety Jim Leonhard.
- NHL hockey stick autographed by several NHL players including Jake Dowell (Chicago Blackhawks), Robbie Earl (Minnesota Wild), Brian Elliot (Ottawa Senators), Davis Drewiske (LA Kings), Tom Gilbert (Edmonton Oilers), and others.
- Football autographed by Wisconsin Badgers head coach Bret Bielema.
- Football autographed by Cleveland Browns tackle (and former Badger) Joe Thomas.
- 2010 Northwoods League All-Star game baseball autographed by Twins Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew.
- Basketball autographed by the UWEC Women's basketball team.
- Several pieces of Blugold apparel.
-Twins World Champion Kent Hrbek autographed art.
As far as weather goes: We will only call the game for persistent rain and/or lightning. If there is a weather delay or cancellation, check WEAU and weau.com for information.
Come see Judy Clark, Sarah Stokes, Chris Herzog, Bob Gallaher, Nate Larscheid, Meghan Kulig, Mark Holley, Ashley Baylor and more of your favorite WEAU 13 News personalities for a meet and greet on the field after the game!
Mark your calenders for Saturday, August 7th at Gelein Field in Carson Park at 2 p.m. and watch us battle it out on the softball field!
Gelein Softball Field is located next to the Chippewa Valley Museum and is behind the football and baseball field where the Express play.